Billing Officer (Harare)
The Avenues Clinic a Grade A multidisciplinary hospital which offers a wide range of specialist services, outstanding nursing care and a top service approach seeks to recruit a Billing Officer to process, evaluate and reconcile accurate patient bills as well as assist in the management of ward stocks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates inpatient files daily by capturing all tariffs including invoices.
- Evaluates, reconciles and captures invoices from external service providers onto patient bills.
- Reviews theatre charge sheets billed in theatre, and bills patient appropriately.
- Calculates and reconciles pharmacy drugs and sundries administered to patients on drug administration charts and ordering sheets.
- Receives patient file from ward secretaries for processing of discharges. Reviews, reconciles and captures the final patient bill upon discharge.
- Informs credit control upon completion of the patient bill.
- Submits discharged patient file to Case Manager for final checking.
- Carries out daily stock take in allocated areas of ward stock and departmental stock takes.
- Follows up on items not charged with the nursing team.
- Charges dangerous drugs and ward stocks.
- Checks for stocks nearing expiry and reports to pharmacy.
- Orders ward stocks in hospital management system.
- Fills in discharge and inpatient trackers on excel sheet daily.
- Documents breakages, excess and expired stocks and submits to the pharmacy.
- Documents times of discharge and file receipts on all patient files. Documents and verifies biometric registration of funded patients.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or higher in Diploma in Nursing, Accounting, Finance or Pharmaceutical Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the billing field.
- Five ordinary levels including English, Mathematics, and Science.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who has good communication skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, ability to work weekends and after hours.
How to Apply
If you meet the stipulated requirements submit your application together with proof of qualifications and experience to the email below.
Applications should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 07 January 2024Generate a Whatsapp Message
The Avenues Clinic
Opened in 1983, this is the flagship facility for the MIL group. The hospital is a fully integrated multi disciplinary facility with a total of 176 beds. Operating as a one stop medical hub, the hospital offers theatre facilities, all critical care facilities, Accident and Emergency unit, Surgical ward, Medical ward, maternity facilities and a pediatric unit. The hospital is located at Corner Baines and Josiah Chinamano Avenue.