Chief Accountant (Grade: G2)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant post that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission.
Reports To: Finance And Administration Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and review policies and procedures for the Finance Department.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual revenue and capital budgets.
- Coordinate the compilation of financial statements and annual appropriation accounts for the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission in compliance with Treasury instructions.
- Implement financial planning and budgeting procedures for the Commission.
- Sets financial targets for all trading accounts of the Commission.
- Ensures existence of adequate and adherence to policies that guide effective operations of Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission.
- Consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Finance Department.
- Coordinate, monitor, and maintain schedules of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual reconciliations. 9. Review and check monthly bank and creditors statements.
- Compile responses to audit queries and observations raised by the Chief Internal Auditor and Auditor General's office, led by the Finance and Administration Director.
- Review expenditure reports for donor funded activities.
- Review travel requests and advance acquittals.
- Prepare minutes to the Finance Committee.
- Represent the Commission as necessary at meetings and conferences.
- Monitor and implement Performance Based Budgeting.
- Support the Finance Director with day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, and with special projects as required.
- Appraise, supervise and offer advice to subordinates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) degree, or Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting degree and a full professional qualification i.e. CIS, ACCA or any relevant professional qualification from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A relevant Master's degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in financial management preferably in the Public Service.
- Good understanding of Public Finance Accounting procedures and regulations (Public Finance Management Act).
- Knowledge of Performance Based Budgeting is mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of IPSAS Proficiency in accounting software including SAP and Pastel is mandatory.
- Possess a good financial analytical mind and Excellent leadership skills Must be a person of high integrity, professionalism, assertiveness, innovation and be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work under pressure Computer literacy and knowledge of modern accounting packages.
- A clean class four (4) driver's license.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and experience should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Human Resources Director,
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission, 144 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare OR
- Bulawayo office, 46 Park Road, Suburbs, Opp. Bulawayo Polytechnic Main Gate, Bulawayo OR
- Mutare Office, 59 Second Street, PREMCO Building, 2nd Floor, Mutare OR
- Masvingo Office, Chiefs Hall, Masvingo.
E-mail application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be responded to. NB: Applicants should indicate the post applied for on the envelopes and email subject. "The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer which practices gender and human rights-based approaches to recruitment. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply".
Deadline: 26 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC)
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) is a national human rights institution which was established under section 242 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. It is an independent Commission whose main mandate is to protect, promote and enforce human rights.