Chief Internal Auditor (Grade: G2)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant post that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission.
Reports To: Executive Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce internal audit policies and procedures.
- Manages the overall internal audit function of the ZHRC.
- Plans and prepares periodic audit programmes in accordance with prescribed audit/accounting standards.
- Provide internal audit services to the ZHRC through auditing of finances, operations and assets.
- Ensure compliance with standard operational procedures, laws and regulations governing ZHRC operations.
- Design, execute and review the annual internal audit plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in safeguarding of the Commission assets.
- Advise the Commission on internal controls, governance and risk management issues.
- Prepare quarterly and annual internal audit plans, programme design and reports.
- Carry out special audits to facilitate investigations as and when required.
- Prepare of internal audit reports.
- Present audit findings to Management and the Audit Committee and following up on the implementation status of audit recommendations.
- Ensure effective utilization of Commission resources.
- Assist in planning for external audit assignments.
- Represent the Commission at meetings and conferences relevant to the position.
- Supervise subordinates and develops relevant skills training programmes to ensure that the internal audit function has adequate expertise and resources to fulfil its responsibilities.
- Provide secretarial services to the Audit Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Internal Auditing or full qualification in any of the following: CA, CIMA, CIS, ACCA CIA CPA or any relevant qualification from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Public Accountants and Auditors Board or any other equivalent professional bodies.
- 3 years' post qualification auditing experience is mandatory.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages/systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, evaluation skills and excellent leadership skills.
- Ability and tenacity to work with Government and other stakeholders.
- Must be a person of high integrity, professionalism, assertiveness and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- A clean class four (4) driver's license.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and experience should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Human Resources Director,
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission, 144 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare OR
- Bulawayo office, 46 Park Road, Suburbs, Opp. Bulawayo Polytechnic Main Gate, Bulawayo OR
- Mutare Office, 59 Second Street, PREMCO Building, 2nd Floor, Mutare OR
- Masvingo Office, Chiefs Hall, Masvingo.
E-mail application to: email@example.com.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be responded to. NB: Applicants should indicate the post applied for on the envelopes and email subject. "The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission is an equal opportunity employer which practices gender and human rights-based approaches to recruitment. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply".
Deadline: 26 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC)
The Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) is a national human rights institution which was established under section 242 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. It is an independent Commission whose main mandate is to protect, promote and enforce human rights.