Vice President Finance, Trilogy: Remote (Chitungwiza)
Crossover is the world's #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a finance systems expert and a seasoned auditor or controller? Do you prefer to get hands-on with day-to-day finance tasks, rather than delegating them to lower-level workers? When you find key discrepancies while auditing statements or reviewing business performance reports, do you insist on diving into the ERP system to find the key issue? Do you lean on AI tools, such as ChatGPT, to boost your productivity at work? If you answered yes to these questions, we are interested in meeting you.
In this role, you will be part of Trilogy’s finance function, which runs over 100 acquired software companies. We don’t run each company separately. Instead, we create a standard best practice for each task and process with a single, 100% remote team. That makes this job dramatically different. You will learn more in one month here than in a year working anywhere else.
Most companies consider being global and 100% remote a liability and are currently suffering through a transition forced on them by the pandemic. We’re different. In the early 2000s, we recognized that going global and remote was “The Future of Work” and went all-in. It is true that moving to a global, remote environment is really hard - you need to completely replace synchronous processes with asynchronous ones, verbal communication with written, and ambiguous goals with clear task assignment and quality expectations. But once you do all that, you can unlock a 24/7, 4-shift, 4x pace of execution.
You don’t need to be an asynchronous work expert. You simply need to be hard-working and hands-on, have solid accounting and finance fundamentals (US GAAP or IFRS), and love to automate and simplify processes. We will teach you the rest!
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $100 USD/hour, which equates to $200,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3176-ZW-Chitungw-VicePresidentF
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completing transactions, preparing reports, building quotes, invoices, and purchase orders, applying incoming payments, managing cash positions, and paying suppliers.
- Leading with your finance systems expertise; you will guide the team with the finance systems experience you’ve gained over the years and simplify the most complex tasks.
- Project managing the work of low-level managers; we lead by doing, not by being hands-off.
- Overseeing steady-state operations; you will never stop improving quality and productivity with deep knowledge and hard evidence.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, MBA, or equivalent.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience in all of the following areas: Accounts Payable (or PTP), Accounts Receivable (or OTC), Accounting (or RTR), Statutory/Management Reporting.
- Recent experience as an auditor or controller (if you haven't posted a transaction, built a financial model, or automated a process within the last year, please do not apply).
- Professional experience working with Netsuite.
- Familiarity with generative AI tools (e.g. ChatGPT, Bard, Bing, Claude).
- The ability to commit to 40 hours of work per week with a regular, predictable work schedule.
How to Apply
Crossover is a recruitment platform which specializes in 100% remote jobs. We connect talented professionals from around the globe with companies that are looking to hire the very best. Our 70+ client companies currently employ 4,000+ workers in 130+ countries.