Finance and Administration Officer(Maternity Cover)
Childline Zimbabwe is a Private Voluntary Organisation which is registered under the laws of Zimbabwe, specialising in child protection, championing, guarding and protecting their rights through the provision of safe, confidential and child friendly reporting mechanisms centred around a free 24-hour counselling services. It seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced individual to take up the role of Finance and Administration Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify internal & payment requisitions before processing.
- Post transactions into Pastel and maintaining up to date cash books.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements.
- Physical verification of asset register.
- Maintaining up-to-date security items register & stocks e.g. coupons, purchase orders & receipts.
- Ensuring that licences, subscriptions, membership, bills, insurance etc are up-to date.
- Preparation of variance reports for allocated projects.
- Filing of vouchers and accounting records timely.
- Budget preparation for allocated projects in liaison with the Finance & Admin Manager and other relevant departments.
- Respond to queries from funding partners on allocated projects in a timely manner.
- Disbursing funds to sub offices and handling acquittals.
- Reconcile cash advances and following up on acquittals (Including reconciling advances to ledger).
- Conduct support visits to project sites.
- Assist with audit preparations and during external audit.
- Support in risk identification, treatment and compilation of the risk register.
- Significantly contribute to Childline’s safeguarding efforts.
- Any other duties required to assist the organisation in achieving its vision.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years working experience.
- Knowledge of Pastel and MS Office.
- Good teamwork skills and should be able to interact at all levels.
- Experience in an NGO will be an added advantage.
- Must be of integrity, have traceable references and clean police record.
- Must be readily available.
- Excellent verbal & written skills, proficiency in English.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and supporting documents to Childline Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
NB: Childline is an equal opportunity organization and encourages both female and male candidates to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and shortlisting will proceed as applications are received.
Deadline: 20 February 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Childline Zimbabwe works in partnership with the Government to STOP child abuse and provide a safe environment for all children." It is registered under the Private & Voluntary Organisation Act [PVO number 7/2001]. Childline has 3 Call Centres in Harare, Bulawayo and Masvingo and also has Drop-In Centers located in all 10 Provinces of Zimbabwe. Childline Zimbabwe is an active member of the Child Helplines International (CHI), a global network of telephone helplines and outreach services for children and young people."
Phone: 073 211 6116